Wednesday, February 07, 2007

What's going on now?

I was in the hospital emergency room for most of last night. What a drag. I got a massive headache... like one second it wasn't there in the next second it was a full blown migrane. I tried to ignore it, that lasted about 10 minutes. Then I started to puke almost non-stop. I got really scared because of the lupus and previous "abnormal" MRI of my head.

I called my sister (<3) and asked her what I should do. I never can decide about going to the hospital myself, I tend to downplay how bad I'm feeling, because I know the hospital emergency rooms in Canada are grossly over-used and understaffed (they're so overused because of the lack of family doctors). Anyway, sister said I should go forsure. So I woke up boy and off we went to the hospital.

Got to hospital, of course, it's packed. I puked again. Saw the triage nurse, who took me immediatly in. For once in my life, I was thankful for Lupus. Without that complication, I probably would have waited a few hours. Anyway, they hooked me up to an IV and pumped me full of drugs for the pain. About 5 hours later, they let me go home.

Now I've slept and all that good stuff... but I still have the headache. Of course, it's no where near as bad as it was.

I'm going to write a post shortly about what living with Lupus is like. So if anyone still reads this... look for that soon. :)