Friday, July 07, 2006

MRI, Neurologist, Biopsy, Rheumtologist...

Tomorrow I go for an MRI. The 25th I see the Nuerologist. The 28th I get a kidney biopsy. Then the 9th of August, when all these various results are back, I see the Rheumtologist/Interal Medicine Specalist again. I guess then I'll know how bad things are in my body (or to be positive, good!)

It's not going too well lately though. Symptoms keep coming at me, some new, some old. Every day I wake up thinking "hmmm I wonder what will hurt today" or "I hope today will be a 'good' day" (good meaning painwise).

I'm going to see my sister this month too, for 10 days. We were thinking of planning a little camping trip in the Rockies but we decided against it. What if I were to flare while we were camping? I couldn't imagine. It would be awful. There I'd be without electricity, without running water, without the comfort items we all take for granted... in extreme pain, not being able to do a damn thing about it, while my 'sis would have to do everything. Could you imagine camping with someone like that? It would be awful for my sister.

You know what the worst part about Lupus is? Not being able to make definitive plans. When ever anyone asks me to do something, go out, go away (you get the picture) my answer is always "I'll say yes now, but when the time comes, if it's a bad day I may not be able to". And that just sucks. I was in Niagara Falls recently. On our last day there we wanted to do this thing where you can walk in tunnels behind the falls. That would have been WAY COOL! Did we do it? No! Why? My ankles and feet were so swollen that I could hardly walk.

Anyway, I'm just rambling. Here's my latest symptoms:
  • ankles, knees, feet swollen like they've never been before
  • couple days ago my left leg was literally 30-40% larger then my right leg
  • Cankle Fleckers *snicker* these are rash like (but no bumps, no itch, just red dots) spots on my ankles (which are so swollen we call 'em cankles)
  • I seem to have developed a rather odd cough. I'm not sick, well with a cold. But if I'm laying flat on my back or on my right side, I cough. It's getting worse with every passing day.
  • Fingers (as always) are swollen but not too sore, only when I make a fist can I really feel them
I wish this cronic illness was more predictable. I really do. I'd know what symptoms tomorrow would bring. One positive is my brain feels like it's functioning again. I still get confused and a bit dizzy now and then but overall I generally feel like it works.

Thank you everyone, who have been commenting and emailing me with suggestions and well wishes. Without the support of you all, this all would be a lot worse. <3