Thursday, July 27, 2006

In so much pain...

The kidney people took me off my anti-inflammitories/pain killers. It's been about a week since I've taken any. I didn't know pain until I stopped taking them. Yep, that's how bad it is. o.O My hands hardly move (using one finger on my right hand and two on my left to type). Remind me to bitch long and hard the next time a doctor says I have to stop taking my meds.

So here's the run down of all my pains, for shits and giggles. I'll do pain scales. 10 being the worst, 1 being just a little bother.:

- Toes. (3/10) Well these are not too bad. Swollen, but generally ok.

- Ankles (6/10). They can just jump ship so to speak. They're causing lots of pain and swelling which leads to problems walking.

- Knees (7/10). These little buggers ACHE when I'm driving or just sitting. Also, it's really difficult to get into the bath, sit on the ground or pick something off the floor.

- Shoulders (4/10) - This was hard to rate on the pain scale just because its fairly difficult to "trigger" the pain. Mostly they hurt when I'm sleeping. When I go to change positions when laying in bed, I'll pretty much give up half way there. Oh and things like putting on shirts, putting hair up, etc are VERY difficult.

- Wrists (8.5/10) - These are in competition with my fingers to take the Most Painful award. Rotating them (rolling or up and down) is really realllllly painful.

- Fingers (8.5/10) - I have no idea why this is... but when the pain gets awful in my hands my fingers get itchy. Like not a little itch an unsatisfiable itch. Maybe because of the swelling. I don't know. It'd be real hard to punch someone in the face, so hopefully that doesn't need to happen till i'm back on my drugs. (haha ok, I haven't punched someone in the face in like 10 years, but still you never know!)